Sunday, September 10, 2006

Online Gaming Occupation

I've been gaming for a long time now. I've actually realised this a long time too that a lot of people play games not as a hobby anymore but more for an additional income. Sorry to say but, myself for instance is one of the many that is doing the same.
MMORPG(massive multiplayer online role playing games) has been a trend for a long time now since Everquest but since the beginning of WOW(World of Warcraft) even grandmothers play.
When a game turns so popular, more "black market" transactions occured. Different games come out with different popularity. For example, since WOW the items are inbound to the character. Most popular "black market" trade is selling in game gold. And the money is good too. Due to that, many people don't enjoy playing the game anymore. All they do is hunt for money to earn money in real life. Population of people like this are mostly Asians.
The game i play, Knight Online is not as popular game but still many rich people.

I personally have already helped a lot and sold a lot of items in this games. Items? you may ask. Its all virtual! but people buy them using real cash. I've totally helped with transactions and calculating the amount today, it's enough to buy myself a BMW 3 series at least. Talk about only me? What about other people. My friends personally earned alot as well.
1 friend from Singapore, earned a total of RM 30k from this game, another earning 15k. I asked a few more, some selling thier personaly items has already hit the RM 50k. No wonder those who are bored of the game Still play on. Why not if your monthly earnings from a game can earn you more than your salary.
I know a friend from the states. He spent so much he don't even realise how much he has already spend. I checked his accounts in the game. Wah i tell you, his items are worth enough to buy me cash a honda civic 2.0.
So Why buy the items?. Some people tell me, that's the only way they can be better in the game
some even told me, "i got the money, not the time."
But why play a game if you don't earn it for yourself? Weird i tell you.
Maybe i should just quit my job and play games full time.
Hmmm.. Good idea?

1 comment:

~*~LostSoul~*~ said...

right right ...

and "they" still ask, why I kept on playing KO ... hahahaha :)