Thursday, September 07, 2006

Friends?

It took me some time to realised that lately, I've been losing my friends? Or are they my friends?
I know friends do not always agree with things and nobody is perfect so there are times when people just love gossiping and sometimes unintentionally backstabbing another friend. Of course I've backstabbed and gossip about people i call my friends but hey no one is perfect and i've been getting it in return too. But i never keep it in heart or get mad (even if i do its for majorly short period of time only) cause when u accept a person as your friend, you already accept them as a whole package, including the bad part of them. Well that's how i feel it should be. Others may have a totally different prospect of what a friend should be. Most people think a friend is someone that will never,ever upset you. That my friends is called a dream friend. In reality, there is always a point or more where the person you trust most in your life has upset you.

Take the show "Friends" for example, this and that slept together then married the other, divorce, backstabbed, gosssip, avoid,cried,hugged,love. At the end of the day, they still stayed friends. Many people don't like this show because to them, this is too much "drama" it's fake. But it's actually what reality of frienship is all about.

I went google-ing the meaning of friends. All of them i could find were too flowery and unrealistic to a certain extend when they use the word "NEVER". But here is one i felt i really liked.
"A Friend Should Be Radical... They should love you when you're unlovable, Hug you when you're unhuggable,
And bear you when you're unbearable.

A Friend should be Fanatical...
They should cheer when the whole world boos,
Dance when you get good news,
And cry when you cry too.

But most of all, a Friend should be
Mathematical...
They should multiply the joy, Divide the sorrow,
Subtract the past, And add to tomorrow,
Calculate the need deep in your heart,
And always be bigger than the sum of all their parts."

It's so reminds me of some friends i claim to be my friends, when i am unbearable. They avoid me and behind me say things like "She talks to much, it irritates us" and then when i call them don't answer my calls or reply me. After presuming they don't want me or something i've done wrong I got sad, accepted i've lost them for good and then a few months later calls me up as though nothing happened and the months were like a few hours. "ju, where you? come pick me up".
Why this emo you ask me? Well it's cause i don't know why but many things have occured i don't know why? Usually my solution, is confront and "kin-kin settle" the problem. But suddenly, this time, i gave up. I lost the will to try and I've evolved to the "bitch" of the century.

Case: Trusting a friend, keeping her secrets, sharing my secrets, everything you can imagine of, then betrays you 1 time,settled,2nd time,settled,3rd time,settled....15th time,settled. This time, it was the smallest betrayel compared to the other god-knows-how-many-time it was but i recon it was the accumulated anger that i thought i've let go but it was all this while inside of me. Of course i've done shit as well to her and vice versa, but i've never lied to her about myself. Instead when i found out things, it was like *poof* you end up asking yourself, who is this person i've known all this time? Where did she go? Was she for real?



I got bitch-slapped i tell ya.

Okay, now that the emo is over, I've decided this time to make a change. I leave it all to the hands of God. If we were meant to be friends, the truth will be revealed and the past would be forgotten. If things were not meant to be, I'd cherish the happy times we had and if we ever see each other in future again, i'd still smile at you. My love for my friends will never die but it can be put aside. If there was any help needed even to the worse foe, i'd still be there if you call.

No comments: