Monday, October 04, 2010

Singapore 2010

I remembered so clearly last year when I went to Singapore it was for dawn's birthday and we ended up (me, dawn and melati) having a blast staying in a 5 star hotel (cost was around rm 650 a night) and having to attend this red carpet event - chefs with altitude! It was last year that the capoeira group Argola de Ouro had their batizado during that weekend and I was torn between 2 places but ended up sticking to my promise and spend time with the girls instead!

This year I decided to go for a short weekend trip with nadja and coincidentally the batizado again was during that weekend. Thank god nadja trains capoeira also which made it easier for us to move around in the same interest. Oh and since it was ALSO the f1 weekend, all hotels were fully booked and overpriced. We managed to get a SMALL room for rm 500! The room was like staying in tunes hotel!!

Well here is a short brief of our tiring but fun journey....

First thing that I caught my attention at the changi airport was the free telephone charging booth where you can charge your mobile and lock it while taking the keys like a locker! Wish Malaysian airports had these.. Or do they? Have been traveling so much of air Asia I don't recall klia much anymore



In the taxi we would pass the ferris wheel which was where the f1 was going to be held...


Here we are 4 of us squeezing in me and nadja's small room with lack of sleep ( I think each of us had 1-2 hours max of sleep the night before. Hence not being able to take a proper picture..



I hope this video link is properly uploaded.. Lol.. Some capoeira was in our to do list. Wasn't easy with lack of sleep I tell you!

capo video click here

After the street game on orchard, we took a stroll around orchard road like every visitor that comes to Singapore. And bumped into strange people along the way!


I still think this picture makes a good halloween postcard! :)

Saw funny messages around. I never knew Koreans has jean Pierre as their names.. Very French of them. Don't you think?


The next day, nadja decides we go to raffles place instead.


She suggested we had our lunch at double bay... Hmm.. Australian dining and ill be heading to Melbourne this Thursday. Oh well...


And I just had to order the "recommended" Australian meat pie


And yes...it was truly a meat pie. Full force meat !!!


While nadja had some very very tasty fish and chips!


We just had to get desert after. Nadja ordered banana pancakes..


While I had the bannofee pie. Looks awesome, taste good but still can't beat the bannofee pie from delicious in Malaysia.


I couldn't resist the temptation to shop!! So I ended up getting a new set of swimsuit, pouch for my iphone4 and awesome havainas flip flops!!


Yes! I'm hopeless.. Meet my 6th pair of havaianas added to my flip flop family ..


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: